lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

Letter from my grandfather to his mother

                  October, 20th 1925 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dear mother,
I hope you and my brothers were well. It is going to be a year since I left, and I have missed you a lot, specially your food! Anyway Argentinian’s food is not too different from ours, I like it.
When I arrived here uncle Carlos was waiting with a coat in his hands for me, because when I left home the weather was hot and here they were in winter and was freezing, he always was a very kind person…
My work is ok, my boss is satisfied with me, at least that is what he told to Uncle Carlos. My time table is from 7 to 7 so when I finished I’m exhausted. Sunday is my free day, but I have not had one since September because there is a lot of work.
In my free days I’m with a friend I met in the ship. His name is Tobias; he is 15 and is Italian too. We play football or we go for a riding in our bikes .He came with his father and they are leaving in a house of relative of them. I don’t know exactly what happened that they had to leave Italy, some kind of problem with the army but they are so polite and friendly….
On Sundays Tibia’s father makes a delicious barbecue, and they invite me to have lunch with them.
They work in a shoemaking, because that’s was their job in Italy, and mom, if you see the nice shoes they do you would love them so when you come I’ll  buy to you the ones you choose .They had gave me one pair as a birthday present too.
 I thank god for their company, if it wasn’t for it I would be alone and sad missing all of you.
Tobias’s father told me to leave that tenement but I don’t want to leave Uncle Carlos alone. Later when you we will go to a nice house I promise.
hope to hear from you soon .
Roberto.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario